Sunday, December 13, 2015

Mission: Possible

   As Carol Dweck mentions in The Power of Believing That You Can Improve", it's important to have a "growth" mindset instead of a "fixed" mindset. People with "growth" mindsets realize that intelligence is something that can be improved by challenging the brain, where as those with "fixed" mindsets believe intelligence is innate and that one is born with a fixed level of intelligence. This is important to keep in mind when setting performance goals in college. Like Carol Dweck, I believe it's more important to focus on challenging oneself and actually learning, rather than just focusing on getting A's. This is why my goal moving forward is to learn and retain as much information as possible, information that I will be able to apply and that will propel me towards success in the future, both in school and my career of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment